There are multiple reasons why you might not have received your kicks for a purchase made with your linked Visa or MasterCard. Please see if any of the below reasons apply to your qualifying transaction.
- Was your qualifying transaction run as debit instead of credit? Remember, you must run your qualifying transaction as credit in order to receive kicks. Some stores will automatically process your qualifying transaction as debit, even if you try to choose credit (particularly if your eligible card is chipped) so double check your receipt to see if the eligible card information displays a debit transaction. If it does, the purchase is not eligible for kicks.
- Are you sure you used one of your linked eligible cards for the qualifying transaction? In your Shopkick app, tap the profile or menu icon in the upper left corner to access your main menu, select Settings, and then select Kicks for Purchases. You'll then be able to see all of your currently linked eligible cards. Please compare the last four digits of the eligible cards you currently have linked in the app, to the last four digits of the card listed as being used on your receipt.
- Did you link your eligible card on the same day as your qualifying transaction? Linking your credit or debit eligible card can sometimes take up to 24 hours to process.
- Did you use a MasterCard to pay? Qualifying transactions made with a MasterCard can take 2-5 days to process and be added to our system.
- Was the retailer participating in our linked eligible card purchases program? Please double check your Earn tab (toggled to "Kicks Nearby") in the app, select that location, tap on the credit eligible card icon/"Linked Eligible Card" section to make sure your qualifying transaction took place at a participating location.
Are your kicks pending? Certain retailers (like T.J. Maxx and Marshalls) will set your kicks to pending instead of releasing them to you right away. To see your pending kicks, tap your total kick amount at the top center of your home page in the app, to go to your Kicks Center. Once there, you should see your total pending kicks underneath Kicks Activity. If you then tap Kicks Activity, you should then be able to view more details about your pending kicks.